Our Services


The Law Office of Mary Teruya can help you with obtaining employment visas. We have assisted human resources departments in complying with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Department of Labor (DOL) regulations.

H-1B Work Visa

The H-1B visa is a nonimmigrant classification used by an alien who will be employed temporarily in a specialty occupation or as a fashion model of distinguished merit and ability. Under current law, there is an annual limit of 65,000 aliens who may be issued a visa or otherwise provided H-1B status. Under the L-1 Visa and H-1B Visa Reform Act of 2004, beginning March 8, 2005, up to 20,000 additional H-1B slots were available to graduates of U.S. master’s degree (or higher) programs. There are some types of jobs that are exempt from the H-1B cap.

O Visas

The O-1 visa is a temporary visa specifically for individuals who have extraordinary ability or achievement in academics, arts, or athletics. In order to obtain an O-visa for an employee or a contract worker, the employer must demonstrate that the individual’s ability has earned national or international recognition. O-1 visas are granted for up to three years initially, however, the visas may be extended in single-year increments if the same work continues.

P Visas

The P visa allows internationally recognized performers, artists, and athletes to work temporarily in the Unites States. In addition, spouses and children may accompany the holders of P visas to the United States for the length of the visa, but may not secure employment in the United States. The P visa may be issued to an individual, a performing group, or an entire team.

PERM/Labor Certification

PERM stands for Program Electronic Review Management. It is the word most often used to refer to the labor certification process for employers seeking permanent green card status for an employee. If you have a full time job offer you may qualify for Permanent Residence through the PERM process.

Q-1 Visa

This visa applies to participants in an International Cultural Exchange Program for the purpose of providing practical training, employment, and the sharing of the history, culture, and traditions of the alien's home country;

R-1 Visa

This visa applies to members of Religious Organizations having a bona fide nonprofit, religious organization in the U.S coming to the U.S. to work solely as the minister of a religious group or community; and Nonprofit religious organizations in the U.S. to employ foreign religious workers to work in religious vocations such as liturgical workers, religious instructors or cantors, catechists, missionaries, religious translators, or religious broadcasters;

TN-1 Visas

This visa applies to TN Foreign professionals from Canada or Mexico in specialty occupations who will work in the U.S. for a temporary period in a designated professional capacity that appears on a list of professions designated under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). These positions require for the most part the TN employee to hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.